Mike is interested in civil and municipal engineering applications, project management, and organisational policy development.
STEM, public service, and volunteering define Mike’s personal and professional life. He feels a deep obligation to contribute to his community in the areas of policy development, stakeholder consultation, strategic business planning, and medical first response. He is also interested in municipal engineering, specifically civil services design, environmental protection, and urban planning and development.
– Commitment to student government and education causes
– Avid reader of small-font policy papers
– Expedition enthusiast – hiking, biking, white-water canoeing
– Fair-weather runner
– HM Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal – for volunteer work
– Gold Standard, Duke of Edinburgh Award – for personal achievement
– Mark Latham Memorial Award – for commitment to student leadership at Queen’s
– Alumni Leadership Award – for dedication and innovation, Ontario Student Trustees’ Assoc.
– LGen Vance Award for Leadership – for leadership in the Army Cadet Expedition Programme
– St. John Ambulance 3-year Service Pin – for sustained service to the Order